Synthesizer V Studio 1.8.1 Final Update
Dreamtonics releases Synthesizer V Studio 1.8.1 following 1.8.1b1 released two weeks ago (see beta release notes).
Synthesizer V Studio 1.8.1 is the final release from the beta version. It introduces new features, improvements, and bug fixes. This includes:
- Integration of Vocal Mode into the Parameter Panel (Pro version),
- Improvement to the neural vocoder for male vocals, resulting in enhanced sound quality in the bass range.
- Upgrades to the available masculine AI voice databases to accommodate the new capabilities of the neural vocoder.
This final update also fixes bugs, including those reported by users.
You can access the updates through the License and Updates panel inside Synthesizer V Studio.
To fully utilize the new capabilities, make sure to update both the Synthesizer V Studio editor and the voice database to the latest version. The updated voice databases are listed in the following table.
|Dreamtonics||An Xiao, Kevin, Mo Chen, Ryo AI, Xuan Yu, Yuma|
See the full release notes below.
Synthesizer V Studio 1.8.1 (Feb 16, 2023)
- Parameter Panel: Vocal Mode parameters are now available in Parameter Panel, making possible continuous changes and varying degrees of mixing across Vocal Modes (only for Pro edition).
- Synthesizer V Engine: improved the neural vocoder for Synthesizer V AI voices to reduce the synthesis artifacts at low pitches (only applicable for masculine voices; voice update needed).
- License and Updates Panel: retain the update availability status after downloading and installing a voice update.
- Navigation: auto-extend the horizontal scrolling limits when the playhead is moved beyond the end of the project. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- Parameter Panel: Loudness, Tension, Breathiness, Gender and Tone Shift parameters are now displayed as absolute values after adding in the track/group-level values from Voice Panel.
- Auto-Process: fixed crashes when executing Auto Pitch Tuning on Saki standard on Apple Silicon devices.
- Live Render: fixed a bug where some parts of a project do not rerender when switching voices.
- Piano Roll: fixed a bug where switching tracks in Direct Pitch Editing mode resets the pencil tool.
- MIDI: fixed multiple issues causing crashes when loading an improperly formatted MIDI file (e.g. files with zero BPM or invalid encoding).
- GUI: fixed a display order issue where the error message of script loading failure blocks the activation dialog.
- GUI: fixed broken support for Return/Esc keys in various dialogs.
- GUI: improved the support for Japanese/Chinese input methods on macOS.
- GUI: fixed UI rendering issues when using OpenGL on macOS.
- File: fixed a bug during exporting, where part of the filename is misidentified as a file extension when the filename contains dots. (Issue not fully fixed in 1.8.0)
- Piano Roll: fixed the color of pitch curves in the piano roll under Direct Pitch Editing mode. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- Piano Roll: fixed a bug where notes remain selected after entering Direct Pitch Editing mode. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- Voice Panel: fixed the horizontal margin of parameter values visualized on the slider track. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- Parameter Panel: fixed undesired reset of the edit/display parameters after restarting Synthesizer V Studio. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- Parameter Panel: fixed the incorrect vertical offset on the parameters drawn by the line tool. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- Parameter Panel: fixed a bug where edits are made to a different parameter from specified when multiple parameter panels are open. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- Linguistics: fixed cases where the pronunciation for a note remains unchanged when the preceding note is moved. (Update from 1.8.1b1)
- GUI: fixed incorrect translations for “1/6 Quarter”, “1/12 Quarter”, “1/24 Quarter”. (Update from 1.8.1b1)