Terms of Voice Databases
About this licensed license agreement
This is a user-friendly summary of Dreamtonics' license agreement that applies to all Synthesizer V voice databases produced by Dreamtonics. Currently the line up includes Saki (AI), Ryo, Kevin and Qing Su. Voice databases from our licensed partners are distributed under different terms.
This license is granted to a single person. If you represent a company/organization, you should purchase a license for each member who uses this voice database.
You cannot transfer this license to another person.
- Use this voice database however you want for private use.
- Distribute or publish works created with this voice database for commercial or non-commercial purposes, with no limitation on the revenue.
- Attribute this voice database when distributing your work, although this is not required.
- Distribute works created with this voice database under a different name than the original name for the voice database.
- Create and distribute sample packs using this voice database.
Dreamtonics Synthesizer V Voice Database End-User License Agreement
Dreamtonics Synthesizer V Voice Database End-User License Agreement
(Last Revision 2022/3/2)
1.1 Dreamtonics: Dreamtonics Co. Ltd. (and its subsidiaries), a liability limited company established and exists according to the laws of Japan, specializing in computer music and voice technology.
1.2 Singing Voice Database: singing voice database used for Synthesizer V Studio based on the singing voice synthesis engine of Dreamtonics, abbreviated as ‘SVD’ in this Agreement.
1.3 Person: any natural person, legal person, or organization without a legal personality.
1.4 The User: any natural person who uses this SVD under the conditions herein, is also referred to as “You” or “Your” if used as possessive in this Agreement.
2 General Software License
2.1 Dreamtonics grants the User a single nonexclusive license to use this SVD only on the condition that the User complies in good faith with this Agreement. This SVD is and remains the sole property of Dreamtonics. To grant this license to You shall not affect Dreamtonics to grant other Person the same or different licenses.
2.2 You are not permitted to sell, sublicense, share, lease, or otherwise transfer rights to this SVD to any third party.
2.3 You will be given an activation code to activate this SVD. You shall handle the activation code with care and You shall not disclose or share it with any third party. Dreamtonics is not responsible for damages caused by inadequate management of activation codes, malpractices in the usage, or any usage by a third party.
2.4 The license granted by Dreamtonics to the User allows this SVD to be used only by one natural person and to be installed only on limited devices (designated by Dreamtonics) owned by the same User. In the event that this SVD is purchased by an entity or an organization, each natural person within this entity or organization should obtain a separate license.
2.5 If Dreamtonics has evidence to prove that one license of this SVD is used by multiple natural persons, Dreamtonics has the right to immediately terminate the license without any compensation and without notice to the User.
2.6 This SVD is only licensed to be used together with Synthesizer V Studio. In the event that You pursue the full nature of this SVD, You should otherwise purchase Synthesizer V Studio Pro. The function of SVD will be limited when You use the free version of the Synthesizer V Studio. If You want to use this SVD independently, for example embedding into an application, You may pay an additional price and contact Dreamtonics to facilitate it.
2.7 You must not take any measure, such as reverse engineering, reverse compilation, or reverse assemble, etc. that result in the extraction of information such as basic concepts, structure, and machine code for this software/algorithm. You must not attempt to bypass the copyright protection technology and technical limitations of the software.
2.8 Dreamtonics grants you the right to update this SVD free of charge, within the same major version.
2.9 When You use this SVD, your device will automatically contact the servers of Dreamtonics from time to time. You may be charged separately by a telecommunication carrier for this internet communication.
2.10 For operational or technical reasons, Dreamtonics may temporarily suspend or restrict the use of this SVD without notice to You. For the same reason, the provision of this SVD may be delayed.
3 Usage Rights and Conditions
3.1 Dreamtonics grants the User rights to:
(1) Use Synthesizer V Studio with this SVD to produce singing voice (such singing voice produced hereinafter are referred to as ‘Rendition’), without any limitation on the quantity of the Renditions and free of additional charge for each Rendition.
(2) Publish (“Present”) the Renditions or include the Renditions in publishable media, including but not limited to videos, CDs, DVDs, websites, podcasts, multimedia presentations, films, television, and radio broadcasts, complying with relative governing laws, non-commercially or commercially, directly or indirectly for and only for the benefits of You without any additional charge from Dreamtonics.
3.2 Under the condition that:
(1) When Presenting a Rendition, the User must not use names other than designated by Dreamtonics to identify the SVD.
(2) Any compilation of the Renditions must not be Presented in isolation that facilitates the creation of derived works by a third party. For example, the creation of re-licensable sample packs from the SVD is strictly prohibited.
(3) Renditions must not be used as the input to a singing synthesis or speech synthesis model, algorithm, application or any data-driven workflow that generates singing voice or speech.
(4) You must not conduct any of the following acts, or any act that may lead to such acts:
a. Erasing, deleting, modifying or falsifying the copyright information or trademarks of this SVD, or any action that infringes or may infringe Dreamtonics’ copyrights.
b. Slander or defamation of Dreamtonics.
(3) to update the upgraded version of this SVD free of charge (limited to the same Major Version of this SVD).
c. Any action that violates or may violate privacy.
d. Any action that is against public order and morals, or an act of disclosing obscene Rendition to others.
e. Any action that interferes with the operation and usage of this SVD by other users.
f. Any action that violates the governing laws.
4 Liability Limitation of Dreamtonics
4.1 No quality guarantee of Rendition is made by Dreamtonics. No function guarantee of this SVD is promised by Dreamtonics. No guarantee for the immediate access or availability to this SVD or Synthesizer V Studio when You use them. Dreamtonics will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the User in using this SVD.
4.2 You shall indemnify and hold harmless Dreamtonics from any third party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and fees (including reasonable attorney fees) arising from Your usage of this SVD as well as from your failure to comply with any term of this Agreement. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory will Dreamtonics’ liability hereunder exceed the price paid by You for this SVD.
4.3 Dreamtonics will collect the IP address, the device identity information, the operation system information of Your device, and the email address, contact information of You when You use this SVD and Synthesizer V Studio. If necessary, Dreamtonics will collect more information for implementing this Agreement. The User confirms the authorization to Dreamtonics to do so, and Dreamtonics shall keep such information confidential and shall only use such information for the target of this Agreement.
5 Miscellaneous Items
5.1 Dreamtonics may change the content of this Agreement without prior notice to the User. Such modification will take effect at once when it is made. This Agreement may be terminated by the sole resolution of Dreamtonics if You breach this Agreement.
5.2 This Agreement is deemed to have been entered into in Japan, and any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of Japan in the Tokyo District Court in Tokyo, Japan.